Ruston Burst Pipe Repair Services
Staring at water damage on your home’s foundation? Call Mark Johnson Plumbing for your Ruston burst pipe repair services needs! We’ll take care of your needs and make sure you’re getting top quality service. Call us today at (318) 255-1332 and connect with our technicians. Click here to view our current specials and discounts.
A burst pipe is a serious emergency that can cause massive amounts of damage to your home. Burst pipe repair services allow you to contact one of our professionals to come in and quickly restore the pipe to working order, as well as repair any damage the pipe may have caused when it burst. These services are important for homeowners, as damage that gets overlooked can lead to mold, rot, and other problems further down the line. Want to see what other customers are saying about our services? Click here to view customer reviews and testimonials.
How can burst pipes happen?
Pipes burst for a variety of reasons, but the culprit in every case is ultimately the water. However, how the water causes the pipes to burst varies.
- Freezing: During winter, water can freeze in a pipe and expand. Although pipes are somewhat malleable, the plastic can become brittle due to the cold and break more easily, particularly along joints. Freezing is the main cause of burst pipes during colder months.
- Clogging: If water backs up enough within a pipe, it can overflow into the home. However, the pressure can continue to build at the point of the clog until the pipe ruptures, freeing all of that water into the area around the break.
- Weak pipes: Sometimes the water itself isn't the cause, but the pipes. If they are very old or have broken down over time, normal operation can cause them to rupture. If your pipes are in this condition, it's not a bad idea to consider replacing them for newer versions.
Why would you consider a burst pipe an emergency?
Think about the damage that water can do to your home. Now imagine water flowing out as quickly as it possibly can, flooding the walls, the floor, and everything within. Have you ever tried to remove wet insulation? Not only is it a hassle, but it's rather disgusting.
When a pipe bursts, you’re forced to shut off the water to your home. Not only are you unable to bathe, use the tap, or even wash your hands, you also have to contact a professional as soon as possible to dry the wall and remove the damaged components. Wet electrical lines can lead to a short which might even start a fire. It may not seem like it at first, but a burst pipe can have some very far reaching consequences.
In what ways can it damage your home?
Besides what has been mentioned above, a burst pipe can damage your home in other ways:
- Standing water is a breeding ground for germs and bacteria, not to mention mold. Certain types of mold can be extremely dangerous and lead to respiratory issues.
- The water can wash hazardous chemicals into open areas of your home, or even debris such as nails and broken pieces of pipe.
- A burst septic line can allow human waste into your home, causing an unpleasant odor and dangerous bacteria.
- Drywall and molding can crack and disintegrate when exposed to moisture, so it's best to dry that out as quickly as possible.
Don’t wait until it’s too late! If you suspect you may have water damage, or you find yourself facing a burst pipe emergency, contact Mark Johnson Plumbing today at (318) 255-1332.