Ruston Natural Gas Line Services
Have you ever experienced a gas leak in your home? This is likely not something you want to live through again. These situations can be terrifying for the victims involved, and can even lead to other serious injuries. For Ruston natural gas line repairs and leak detection services, call Mark Johnson Plumbing at (318) 255-1332 today. Click here to view our current specials and discounts.
For your plumbing needs in and around Ruston, our professional staff at Mark Johnson Plumbing offers expertise and dependable service. We've been doing business in the area for more than 16 years. We not only handle our clients needs quickly and thoroughly, but we also make sure we provide our clients with the information they need about gas line repairs and leak detection to keep their home systems operating properly.
Want to see what other residents of the area have said about us? Click here to visit our reviews and testimonials page.
Why would you need this service?
Gas leaks are very dangerous and can cause catastrophic explosions if they are not attended to quickly. While gas leaks are occasionally caused by improper connections between the gas line and appliance, poorly installed appliances, or a punctured connection hose, they need to be fixed immediately. It's important to be vigilant around the home when it comes to your gas line, because problems with gas leaks can cause so much damage and pose an enormous threat to those in your home.
How do you know it’s time to repair your gas line?
Over time, gas lines will wear out and become increasingly more susceptible to leaks and other issues. If any of the following occurs in your home, you may need repair or replacement work on your gas line:
- Rust in your gas line
- Corrosion in your gas line
- Seals at the joints of your gas line that have worn down
- Lines that are pinched or cracked at any point
Which signs indicate that you may have a gas leak?
Gas leaks are usually detectable by the sounds they make or by the odor that they give off. Fortunately, it is usually possible to detect a gas leak before it causes severe damage to a property. The following are three important signs to look out for to detect gas leaks when they occur:
- An unusual odor: The smell caused by a gas leak is typically described as smelling of rotten eggs. The odor can be very powerful and should immediately alert you that you need to have professionals come to your home for leak detection services.
- Sounds coming from your gas lines or appliances: A gas leak may make a hissing sound that would come from your gas line. This hissing sound may indicate a damaged gas line that is leaking.
- Carbon monoxide detectors: A carbon monoxide detector will indicate if you have abnormally high levels of gas in your home. A detector can make a home more safe and tell you that you definitely have a gas leak problem.
If you've noticed any of the signs of a gas leak mentioned above, you should immediately contact professionals to have a look at the problem. At Mark Johnson Plumbing, we offer a 24-hour emergency service that we can get out to homes that need to be inspected immediately. Contact us for more information.
Ready to work with your friendly local plumbing team? Call us, Mark Johnson Plumbing, at (318) 255-1332 and connect with us today.