Ruston Water Leak Detection Services
Are you seeing a huge spike in your water bill? Have you cut down on water use but the problem still remains? Call Mark Johnson Plumbing today at (318) 255-1332 and work with the top Ruston water leak detection services providers. Click here to view our current specials and discounts.
A home or office building may have water leaks long before they are suspected. There may be damp places on walls, under carpet or in the basement or attic that the residents don’t see. When there are damp places in a building, the structure can be undermined, and the dampness gives a good environment for mold, mildew and fungi to grow. These contaminants can pollute the indoor air causing respiratory problems especially for people with asthma.
What can cause water leaks in your home?
- Municipal water pipes
- Radiant heat floors
- Indoor plumbing
If you see damp places, hear water running when nothing is turned on or have an exceptionally high water bill, you most likely have a leak. We have professional leak detection equipment that can find leaks in hidden places underground, under floors and inside walls.
What kind of damage can be done to your home?
Water leaks can cause severe damage to your home if left unattended for a while. The unfortunate downside of these leaks is that they can sometimes be difficult to pinpoint because they won’t be viewable by the eye. Some of the damage that can be done to the home include:
- Cracks in the foundation
- Cracks in concrete slabs
- Sinking earth in the yard
- Stained or rotten wooden floors
How can you avoid leaks in the future?
- Check the water heater: Is it spraying water? If not there may be a slow leak. Look for dampness or mist on the outside of the tank.
- Check floors and walls: Water leaks will gradually cause dampness that can be seen in floors, walls and ceilings. If the dampness is under a carpet it may feel spongy and soft. Walls and ceilings may show mold or mildew spots that start small and gradually increase.
- Check the pipes you can see: If there is corrosion or lime buildup on the outside of the pipes from your washing machine, outdoor taps or any pipes you can see in your basement, this is a sign of leaking.
- Shut off the valve of the main water supply: Find the meter, which may be under dirt and grass outside the house. If the meter is still running, then the leak is between the meter and the house. Leaks outside the house will cause weeds and grass to grow faster in the area of the leak or soft muddy areas. If there is a concrete slab or outdoor hardscaping, it could eventually be damaged.
It’s a good idea to check your home for leaks on a regular basis. We can quickly repair obvious leaks and also detect hidden leaks. Even small leaks that are not stopped can add hundreds of dollars to your utility bill and if the leak is in a water heater the cost would be much more because the leak would cause cold water to constantly enter the tank. This means the heater would constantly be heating water. This will also cause wear and tear on the system making it break down sooner than it normally would. We can help you avoid the cost and damage caused by water leaks.
Don’t wait for your water leak to cause extensive damage to your home! Let our professionals solve your problem long before it even has the chance to cripple you. Give us a call today at (318) 255-1332 and learn about our services in Ruston.