Either your guest bathroom sits dormant or it’s the bathroom favored by a spouse or children. In either case, it likely needs to be freshened up if you plan to host guests for the holidays.
Here’s how to make it presentable and functional.
Here’s What to Check
Examine the plumbing details in your guest bathroom to ensure everything is in good working order.
- Faucet: Ensure it’s not leaking. A drip can be an audible nuisance if the bathroom is near a guest bedroom.
- Sink: Is it draining properly? You don’t want to inconvenience your guest with a clog.
- Toilet: Does it run throughout the day? If so, the flapper at the bottom of the tank could be the culprit. If the flapper is cracked or not sitting correctly over the syphon tube, replace it.
- Showerhead: Ensure it’s functioning correctly. Remove any limescale with distilled vinegar and hot water.
- Bathtub drain: If it’s draining slowly, you should schedule a professional drain cleaning.
Make it Inviting
Is your guest bathroom dark, dank and depressing? If so, give it a quick and easy overhaul.
- Let the light in: Take advantage of any available natural light by replacing dark curtains with a curtain of a lighter shade.
- Refresh your accessories: Change out old, worn floor mats and shower curtain with high-quality materials that are light in color.
- Banish odors: Automatic air fresheners deliver bursts of fragrances that also help eliminate odor-causing bacteria.
Provide the Essentials
The bathroom should have all of the essentials that you would need if you were to visit someone else's home. These items include toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, and perhaps a few disposable razors or toothbrushes. Try to use colors and designs that are festive, such as red, white, and green or Christmas trees and reindeer. A small basket can be placed on the sink or on a counter that contains a few toiletries that guests can use or take with them when they leave.
Mark Johnson Plumbing hopes your holidays are merry and bright! If you run into any plumbing complications, contact us a (318) 257-6167.