Ruston Slab Leak Repairs
Helping You with One of the Most Difficult Plumbing Issues
Noticed a spike in your water bill? You could have a plumbing problem that’s causing you to lose water. Call Mark Johnson Plumbing for your Ruston slab leak repair needs. We provide the residents of the area with slab leak detection and repair plus other services to alleviate the stress of dealing with plumbing problems.
A slab leak occurs when piping located inside a concrete foundation slab develops a leak. Slab leaks are among the most frustrating problems a homeowner faces because repairing a leaking pipe that’s encapsulated inside concrete is a difficult prospect at best. With services from our plumbing experts, however, you can be sure that you won’t be completely unprepared for any plumbing emergency.
What Can Cause a Slab Leak in Your Home?
Slab leaks are attributed to a number of causes. The age of a home’s plumbing is a major factor. Over time, minerals in the water can corrode piping to the point where small holes develop at fittings or along the length of the water pipe itself.
Other causes of a slab leak include:
- A reaction between the piping and the concrete - Abrasion is a common reason for slab leaks. Pipes can tend to rub up against concrete, gravel or even another nearby pipes. With constant friction it can cause these pipes to eventually spring a leak. With hot water pipes they have a higher risk of rubbing against these materials due to the fact the these pipes expand as they heat up.
- Improper Construction - The most common slab leak is due to an improperly installed or bad quality piping. If their were any kinks or bents in your piping during installation, this can be the cause for the pipes to leak or burst.
- Outside pressure - Water pressure isn't the only type of pressure that can cause slab leaks. Outside pressures are just as likely to cause this problem. If the soil shifts under your foundation it can cause your home to move slightly and put added pressure on these pipes. Slab leaks that happen due to this pressure can cause a lot of damage if left unchecked.
Signs of Slab Leaks
Because they’re often completely concealed inside or under a slab, leaking water pipes are difficult to detect.
However, four common signs of slab leaks include:
- Wet areas- A localized area of a concrete slab that’s showing signs of moisture that can’t be explained by rainfall or a visible leak is one indication of a slab leak. Some types of concrete show moisture more clearly than others, so the presence of a leak may not always be obvious.
- Cracking or erosion of the slab- Uncontrolled moisture can quickly damage concrete. If a slab shows signs of cracking, deterioration, or damage that can’t be attributed to wear or settling, the problem may be the result of a hidden slab leak.
- Unexplained mold and mildew- Mold on carpeting or flooring placed directly over a concrete slab may point to a slab leak.
- Higher-than-expected water bills- If a spike in monthly water usage can’t be accounted for in any other way, a slab leak may be to blame.
Where Are Slab Leaks Often Found?
Slab leaks are only found in homes constructed on concrete slabs. Concrete-floored basements are common locations for slab leaks, as are the ground floors of homes. Slab leaks can also occur under exterior concrete surfaces like patios, pool decks, and outdoor kitchens. Homes built in areas with shrink-swell soils, expanding clays, and soils that don’t compact well are especially prone to slab leaks.
Finding & Repairing Water Pipe Leaks Under Concrete Slab
If you’ve noticed any of the above signs that point to a possible slab leak, it’s important to contact a reputable Ruston slab leak repair team right away. Mark Johnson Plumbing is equipped to locate, assess, and repair slab leaks using the least invasive methods possible. Our team also provides a full range of plumbing services to local home and business owners, so keep us in mind for all your plumbing needs.
“We have been using Mark Johnson Plumbing for a number of years. We have always been pleased with the technicians and the services they perform.”- James A.
Hagen came & quickly assesses the situation after Atmos came out & cut the gas off. He was very professional & founds the two problems quickly! Luckily they were not pricey Issues at all. Then (Christopher) Chris Came back Out very quickly to cut the gas back on inside the house after Atmos did outside. Due to COVID they could not come in the house to turn the valves back on which we had NO idea where they were located. We felt SO stupid that we couldn’t handle that but Chris assured us that most wouldn’t!
He was so nice & professional!! I will definitely call Mark Johnson again.” - Marion W.
I was able to get an appointment the next day.
Service was great, fast, friendly, and exactly what was agreed on. They were on time and did I mention friendly? I would recommend this company to anyone who needs quality plumbing work done. Ask for Quinn Wall.
The customer service was awesome from the start as well. Text notifications of who's coming, when they will be there. Nice job!” - Mark T.