Water Leak Detection in Ruston
Helping You Find Water Leaks throughout Your Home
A home or office building may have water leaks long before they are suspected. There may be damp places on walls, under the carpet, in the basement, or the attic that the residents don’t see. When there are damp places in a building, the structure can be undermined and the dampness gives a good environment for mold, mildew, and fungi to grow. These contaminants can pollute the indoor air causing respiratory problems especially for people with asthma.
Are you seeing a huge spike in your water bill? Have you cut down on water use but the problem still remains? Call Mark Johnson Plumbing to work with the top Ruston water leak detection services providers.
Common Sources of Water Leaks
If you see damp places, hear water running when nothing is turned on, or have an exceptionally high water bill, you most likely have a leak.
Here are some of the most common areas where water leaks occur:
- Municipal water pipes
- Radiant heat floors
- Indoor plumbing
At Mark Johnson Plumbing, we have professional leak detection equipment that can find leaks in hidden places, such as underground, under floors, and inside walls.
Dangers of Water Leaks
Water leaks can cause severe damage to your home if left unattended for a while. The unfortunate downside of these leaks is that they can sometimes be difficult to pinpoint because they won’t be viewable by the eye.
Some of the damage that can be done to the home includes:
- Cracks in the foundation
- Cracks in concrete slabs
- Sinking earth in the yard
- Stained or rotten wooden floors
How to Avoid Leaks in the Future?
It’s a good idea to check your home for leaks on a regular basis. A visual inspection of your plumbing fixtures and exposed pipes can greatly help in avoiding costly damage or water bills.
Here are some of the most important areas to check:
- Water heater- Is it spraying water? If not there may be a slow leak. Look for dampness or mist on the outside of the tank.
- Floors and walls- Water leaks will gradually cause dampness that can be seen in floors, walls, and ceilings. If the dampness is under a carpet, it may feel spongy and soft. Walls and ceilings may show mold or mildew spots that start small and gradually increase.
- The pipes you can see- If there is corrosion or lime buildup on the outside of the pipes from your washing machine, outdoor taps or any pipes you can see in your basement, this is a sign of leaking.
- Your water meter- Shut off the valve of your water main and find the meter, which may be under dirt and grass outside the house. If the meter is still running, then the leak is between the meter and the house. Leaks outside the house will cause weeds and grass to grow faster in the area of the leak or soft muddy areas. If there is a concrete slab or outdoor hardscaping, it could eventually be damaged.
. Even small leaks that are not stopped can add hundreds of dollars to your utility bill and if the leak is in a water heater the cost would be much more because the leak would cause cold water to constantly enter the tank. This means the heater would constantly be heating water. This will also cause wear and tear on the system making it break down sooner than it normally would. We can help you avoid the cost and damage caused by water leaks. Our experienced Ruston plumbers can quickly repair obvious leaks and detect hidden leaks.
Don’t wait for your water leak to cause extensive damage to your home! Let our professionals solve your problem long before it even has the chance to cripple you.
Call Mark Johnson Plumbing today at (318) 257-6167 to take advantage of our water leak detection services.
“We have been using Mark Johnson Plumbing for a number of years.”- James A.
“He was very professional & founds the two problems quickly!”- Marion W.
“Service was great, fast, friendly, and exactly what was agreed on. They were on time and did I mention friendly?”- Mark T.