Ruston Sewer Line Repair
Are Your Drains Clogged? You Might Have Sewer Line Issues!
You and other residents of the area depend on your sewer line to pull waste away from your home. However, this is something that most of us don’t think about or even pay any attention to. In fact, more often than not, when we get called out to this job, customers are usually not even aware of what’s going on until we let them know. When your sewer line begins to malfunction, the effects can be seen on the drains throughout your home.
Causes of Sewer Line Problems
Sewer problems are never pleasant. The odor, the backup, and the inefficiency of the toilets are only symptoms; the problems can typically be traced down to a few basic causes.
These causes may include:
- An object clogging the sewer- People who flush too much toilet paper or a child who flushes random objects into the line can cause it to clog and back up.
- General deterioration of the line- if a sewer pipe has been in use for many years, it might have broken down due to the elements or even to potential roots that run across it.
Is It Time to Repair Your Sewer Lines
Sewer line issues should always be addressed as soon as they are detected as even a minor issue can quickly turn into a major, costly problem. Because toilets have the largest drain lines in the system, they are often the first clue to a potential sewer line issue, however, showers and sinks may suffer from backups and slow drainage as well. Washing machines may also back up during a sewer line issue. If you notice any of these signs in your home, contact a professional quickly.
Our Professional Method of Repair
The main repair method we use in order to get down to your pipe is excavation. When excavating, the area around the damaged pipe is dug up in order to repair the damage.
There are many benefits associated with this service including:
- Accuracy- By excavating around the damaged pipe, our Ruston plumbers are able to make repairs at the source of the issue and also inspect the piping as a whole. This gives us the opportunity to remedy not only the damaged pipe but also any other issues that may be in the surrounding area.
- Prevention- One major issue that can easily damage sewer lines is shifting soil. By excavating to repair sewer lines, our plumbers not only repair the issue but also pack the soil back in a way that can prevent future damage from shifting soil. Additionally, we will inspect the surrounding area to ensure that there is nothing that will pose a risk to your sewer lines in the future.
- Longevity- While trenchless sewer repairs are a good solution for patches, they can sometimes turn into temporary fixes. By replacing entire sections of damaged piping, you can rest assured knowing that the job is done in a sturdy and professional manner. New sections of pipe can also increase efficiency and longevity of your sewer lines as a whole.
How Can You Prevent Problems in the Future?
The easiest way to prevent sewer line problems is to have regular inspections performed by a professional company. Keep an eye on your children and ensure too much toilet paper is not flushed at once. Try to avoid large objects or chemicals such as grease, to go down the drains. Mark Johnson Plumbing is happy to perform your inspections and help to maintain your sewer lines. If you have any problems or suspect you might soon have an issue with your sewer line, contact us today. Don't let something small become a big issue.
Give us a call at (318) 257-6167 and let us take care of your sewer line repair in Ruston. Our professionals can handle the job quickly and efficiently.
“We have been using Mark Johnson Plumbing for a number of years.”- James A.
“He was very professional & founds the two problems quickly!”- Marion W.
“Service was great, fast, friendly, and exactly what was agreed on. They were on time and did I mention friendly?”- Mark T.