Veteran Owned & Operated Since 1997
When something is wrong with your plumbing system, you need to know you have a team of qualified professionals on your side who can take care of the problem. At Mark Johnson Plumbing, our Shreveport plumbers have the tools, training, and experience necessary to handle any plumbing repair, replacement, new installation, or maintenance service you might need. No job is too big or too small for us to take on and complete efficiently and effectively.
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning
Drain cleaning is one of the most important, yet overlooked, plumbing services. Your drains and sewer lines are designed to protect your home by safely transferring wastewater away from it. However, when they become clogged or damaged, they will often fail to function properly. Having your drains cleaned at least once a year is the best way to avoid drain-related issues.
Some of the most common signs that you need drain cleaning include:
- Slow drains: When your pipes become clogged, it is much more difficult for water to pass through your drains. This will result in slowly draining sinks or showers.
- Clogged toilets: The occasional clogged toilet is nothing to worry about, but if your toilet always seems to be clogged, this is a sign that there are problems with your sewer line.
- Overflowing toilets: Just like with clogged toilets, the occasional overflowing toilet isn’t cause for concern. However, if your toilet is overflowing on a regular basis, something is wrong with your sewer line.
- Foul odors: When your pipes are functioning improperly, it is common for sewage gas to build up inside of them and release through your drains.
- Gurgling sounds: When your pipes are clogged, water struggles to pass by the blockage, which often results in the sound of water gurgling. You’ll hear these gurgling or bubbling sounds coming from your sink or shower drains.
Why Don’t I Have Any Hot Water?
Is there anything worse than hopping into an icy cold shower? We don’t think so either. A water heater can fail to deliver hot water for a number of reasons, including a failed heating element, an unlit pilot light, a lack of gas supply, an excessive amount of sediment built up in the tank, a gas leak, a tripped circuit breaker, a defective thermostat, and more. It is also possible that if you aren’t getting enough hot water, your system simply isn’t big enough to meet the hot water demands of your family. Whatever the cause of the problem, our Shreveport plumbers will get to the bottom of it and implement the best possible solution.
Things to Never Flush Down the Toilet
If you want to keep your toilet running smoothly, you need to stop flushing everything down it. Many people don’t realize that toilets are really only designed to flush toilet paper and human waste. Flushing items that are not designed to disintegrate well can cause serious clogs in your sewer line, contamination of water, clogged or broken toilets, overflowing toilets, damage to your local sewer system, and more. As the leading plumber in Shreveport, you can bet that we’ve repaired a ton of damage caused by flushing items that don’t belong down the toilet.
To avoid serious damage and costly plumbing bills, you should never flush the following things down your toilet:
- Makeup wipes
- Dental floss
- Pet fish
- Paper towels
- “Flushable” wipes
- Harsh chemical cleaning products
- Feminine hygiene products
- Cotton balls or swabs
- Cat litter
- Dryer sheets
- Grease, fat, or oil
No clog is too severe for the Shreveport plumbers at Mark Johnson Plumbing. When your toilet is clogged or overflowing, our team will arrive straight away, use high-tech drain clearing technology, and blast away any buildup and blockages from your pipes.
Why Choose Mark Johnson Plumbing?
With over two decades of plumbing service experience, you can count on Mark Johnson Plumbing to deliver reliable solutions and lasting results. No matter how big or small the problem at hand is, we will treat it with the utmost urgency because your comfort and well-being are our top priorities. We are committed to completing every job right the first time so you can resume your regularly scheduled activities. Turn to our team and enjoy upfront pricing, same-day service, fully stocked trucks, highly trained plumbers, and top-quality workmanship. From drain and sewer services to water heater services to general plumbing repairs and installations, we’ve got your every plumbing need covered.
Call (318) 257-6167 to schedule plumbing services in Shreveport. We look forward to serving you!