Water Heater Repair in West Monroe
Over Two Decades of Dependable Service
If your water heater is in bad shape, you can rely on Mark Johnson Plumbing to provide fast and effective repair. No matter what is wrong with your system, our highly trained technicians have the knowledge, skills, and tools to get the job done right. As a licensed and insured plumbing company, you can count on our plumbers performing all repairs in the safest possible manner.
Contact our West Monroe water heater experts today at (318) 257-6167 to return the flow of hot water to every tap throughout your home.
When to Call for Water Heater Repair
Even the highest quality and best-maintained water heaters will at some point experience problems. When that time comes, it is important to address the issue as soon as possible. Putting off repairs often leads to even more complicated and costly issues in the future. At Mark Johnson Plumbing, our experienced plumbers are available 24/7 so that you can get professional assistance at the first sign of trouble.
Be sure to give our technicians a call to request repairs if you notice:
- Your water heater doesn't turn on
- The water is cold or lukewarm even though the tap is turned to hot
- An inadequate supply of hot water throughout your home
- Fluctuating water temperatures
- Reduced water flow
- Your system is making loud rumbling, squealing, or hissing noises
- Your hot water is rust-colored or smells like rotten eggs
- Your water heater tank has signs of corrosion
- Your unit is leaking water
Have you noticed any of these signs that it’s time to repair your water heater? Our plumbing pros are adept at diagnosing all of these problems and will quickly provide you with the best solution. Our technician will come to your home with a fully stocked truck, to ensure that we have everything we need to make the necessary repairs on the first visit.
How to Avoid a Broken Water Heater
At Mark Johnson Plumbing, we understand how frustrating it can be to have to deal with water heater problems. While we are here to help resolve any issues you might be facing, there are some things that you can be doing to prevent a water heater problem in the first place.
Steps you can take to keep your water heater in good working order include:
- Conduct routine maintenance – Traditional tank water heaters should be drained and flushed every six months to prevent problems caused by sediment settling in the bottom of the tank. Those who have high mineral content in their water should do so more frequently.
- Test the pressure relief valve – The pressure relief valve prevents explosions by opening to release the pressure build-up inside a water heater when necessary. Corrosion can cause the valve to become nonoperational. This is why it's important to test it at least once a year.
- Replace the anode rod – An anode rod is a metal rod that is essential in preventing rust inside your water heater tank. Anode rods typically last three to five years, depending on the quality of the water, before needing to be replaced.
Our West Monroe water heater repair experts can inspect your water heater and perform any of these tasks to ensure your system keeps running at full capacity and efficiency.
Contact Mark Johnson Plumbing today at (318) 257-6167 to schedule an appointment for fast and effective water heater repair. We offer same-day and emergency services!