Ruston Water Softener Installation
Want cleaner water that won’t be as damaging to your family? Call Mark Johnson Plumbing for your Ruston water softener services needs. Reach us at (318) 255-1332 and learn about our services. Want to save on your plumbing needs? View our current specials and discounts here.
Most homes today receive the water that they use for cleaning and showering from a municipal water source, usually meaning that they’re receiving “hard water.” This means that the water contains minerals and other deposits that make it “hard” and therefore not the ideal water to use when trying to clean items or yourself.
If you’d like a way to improve the quality of your water, work with the expert plumbers at Mark Johnson Plumbing in Ruston, LA. Click here to view reviews and testimonials from residents of the area.
Why should you invest in a water softening device?
It is estimated that 85 percent of homes in the United States have hard water. However, many families are choosing to switch to water softeners.
- Less cleaning: One of the advantages that comes along with having soft water is that one will be able to spend less time cleaning. If you have soft water, then you will not have to worry about cleaning any limescale marks. You will also be able to use less cleaning products, which can help you save money.
- Removes scale: Soft water is not only better for your pipes, but it can help remove scale from the pipe work. It can also help remove scale from existing household appliances. Additionally, a water softener can help prevent the scale from building up again.
- Better showers: Soft water is better for your hair and skin, and will leave your skin smoother and your hair softer. You will also be able to use less soap and shampoo, and this is another way that you will be able to save money. It is important to note that excessive use of soap and shampoo can dry out your skin and hair.
- Softer clothes: Soft water is better for your clothes as well. If you have soft water, then your clothes will fade less and last longer. You will also not have to use extra fabric softener if you have soft water.
- Less clogs: Additionally, your drains are less likely to clog if you have soft water. Hard water contains magnesium and calcium, which increases the chances of clogging. It is harder for detergent and soap to dissolve in hard water.
How often should you maintain your water softening device?
Just like any other type of appliance, water softeners require regular maintenance. However, they do not require nearly as much maintenance as many other devices. One of the key things that must be done to maintain a water softener is to add the right amount of salt to it on a regular basis. You typically need to add salt to the water softener four times per year, but you will need to follow the manufacturer's recommendations.
Keep in mind that your water softener may require professional maintenance. If you notice that the softener salt levels stays the same or changes in the water quality, then you will need to call in a professional. Additionally, you can hire a professional to inspect the water softener and add salt. We check for leaks and other things that are out of the ordinary during an inspection.
Water softeners can bring a host of benefits that you and your family will enjoy. Ensure you work with the right professionals by calling Mark Johnson Plumbing at (318) 255-1332 today.